My research primarily focuses on the relationship between music and associated multimedia components (lyrics, text, visuals, etc.). The resulting meaning and interpretation of these multimedia works provides deeper insight and allows for multiple interpretations to emerge.
- “Deceptive Love and Denied Endings: Tropes in the Music of Billy Joel.” Popular Music, Volume 37, Number 3.
- “Problems and (Some) Solutions in Creating Student-Centered Learning.” Insights Magazine.
- “Aspects of Otherness in John Adams’s Nixon in China.” Dutch Journal of Music Theory, Volume 18, Number 3
- “Musical, Textual, and Visual Meanings in Bang on a Can’s Lost Objects.” Indiana Theory Review, Volume 30, Number 2
- “Tropes and Narrative Foreshadowing in Final Fantasy IV.” Presentation at the 5th Annual North American Conference on Video Game Music.
- “Flipped Classroom Strategies for Music Theory Instruction.” Special Pedagogy Presentation at the Texas Society for Music Theory.