My research primarily focuses on the relationship between music and associated multimedia components (lyrics, text, visuals, etc.). The resulting meaning and interpretation of these multimedia works provides deeper insight and allows for multiple interpretations to emerge.
- “Problems and (Some) Solutions in Creating Student-Centered Learning.” Insights Magazine.
- “Aspects of Otherness in John Adams’s Nixon in China.” Dutch Journal of Music Theory, Volume 18, Number 3
- “Musical, Textual, and Visual Meanings in Bang on a Can’s Lost Objects.” Indiana Theory Review, Volume 30, Number 2
- “Deceptive Love: The Impact of Deceptive Motion in Billy Joel’s ‘She’s Got a Way’ and ‘She’s Always a Woman.’” “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me”: The Music and Lyrics of Billy Joel, A Public Musicology Conference.
- “Flipped Classroom Strategies for Music Theory Instruction.” Special Pedagogy Presentation at the Texas Society for Music Theory.
- “Topics in Video Game Music: The Sky in Recent Nintendo Franchise Games.” North American Conference on Video Game Music.